How to Add a Meta Tag to Website Tonight
There are hundreds of reasons you may want or need to add a meta tag to one of the pages you built in Website Tonight. For that reason I am going to assume you already generally know what a meta tag does and the purpose of adding the one you are trying to add. There’s a good chance the source that motivated you to add the meta tag showed you an example that looked something like this…
<meta name=”SOMETHING” content=”SOMETHING“>
When using Website Tonight the only parts you care about are the SOMETHING and SOMETHING …WITHOUT the quotes.
How to Add a Custom Meta Tag in Website Tonight
- Log in to your Website Tonight account.
- Navigate to the page of your site where you want to add a FB thumbnail option.
- Click the Page tab (top center).
- Hover over the Properties icon (top center under the Page tab).
- Select Meta Data from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add Meta Tag button (bottom left).
- From here you will see a Name field and a Content field. Put the info from the meta tag you are trying to create into the corresponding field. (no quotes)
- Click the Apply button (bottom right).
- Use the Pages drop-down menu (upper right) to select another page.
- Repeat steps 3 – 7 for each page where you want the meta tag to be added.