How to Setup a Free WebSite Tonight
Domain purchases from Go Daddy or Nerd Warehouse include a free Website Tonight account. You can use this free credit to give Website Tonight a test drive. However, the free version of Website Tonight is limited to five pages and includes advertisements at the top of every page. Some of the features are limited in the free version, but it does allow you to get a feel for how the program works, whether or not the extended version will suite your needs, and it allows you to publish to the internet so you can test things live online. Obviously you can upgrade Website Tonight at any time which will unlock all the features, remove the ads, and allow you to add more pages.
How to Setup a Free Website Tonight Account
- Log in to your Go Daddy or Nerd Warehouse account (whichever applies to you).
- Click the My Account button in the navigation bar (upper right).
- Expand the My Products section in the left sidebar (click on My Products).
- Click Free Products (under My Products).
- Click WebSite Tonight / InstantPage Accounts from the list of products.
- Click the Launch button across from New Account (on the right). Website Tonight will now ask you for some information about your website.
- Company or Individual Name Type your company name (or your name for a personal site) the way you want it to display on the website. This will be included on every page next to “copyright” in the footer.
- Email Address This is the email address tied to any contact forms that you build. Read, “Website Tonight Contact Email Address” for more info.
- Domain Select the domain you want to use with this Website Tonight account. If the domain is not in the drop-down menu then it is either not in this [GoDaddy or NerdWarehouse] account, or it is already being used with something else (i.e. regular hosting). If you are already using the domain with something else then you will need to cancel that first, then wait upto 30 minutes (it usually only takes 3 to 5 minutes) for it to be available to use.
- Login Create a user name and password, then retype the password to confirm there are no typos. You can use this information to login directly to Website Tonight later. Read, “How to Login to Website Tonight” for more info.
You can restart and choose a different option from below at any time.
- Select a Pre-Built Site Website Tonight has over 90 templates that include generic text, images, page titles, navigation buttons, etc. You can change any of the included text, images, etc, after you get started. This option gives you a jump-start if you don’t know how you want your content to be displayed.
- Select a Template Choose from over 300 templates that will give you the basic structure of a website and leave it up to you to put in all the text, images, and other features you plan to add. This is the option most people select.
- Start from Scratch If you choose this option then Website Tonight will start you with a blank white page, not a template. You can use all the features in Website Tonight to add to your blank page, but unless you want a very plain website you should go with a different option.
Congratulations! You have successfully setup a free demo version of Website Tonight.