Converting BMP into JPG
If you’re like most people you may be wondering why you need (or would want) to convert a BMP image file into a JPG image file. To the average person that sounds complicated and seems like something you would want to avoid. Well, you can relax because Website Tonight makes converting BMP files to JPG files very easy to do and it will help speedup your website.
I’m not going to get deep into the technical side of converting a BMP into a JPG because you probably found your way here by searching something like “Website Tonight image help”, not “BMP convert to JPG research details”. So, long story short… a BMP file is a large image file that a graphic designer would want for editing. It’s a good idea to compress it into a smaller JPG file for use on a website because smaller files load faster and the faster your website loads the better.
How to Convert BMP into JPG
- Log into your Website Tonight account.
- Click the Photos and Videos tab (upper left).
- Hover over Tools (upper left under tabs) and select Convert Bitmaps from the drop-down menu. If there are no BMP files that need to be converted then you will not see this option.
- You can now select images one by one, or simply click All.
- After you have selected the images you want to convert, click Convert to JPEG.